At Macarthur Automotive, the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, our people and our community is our ultimate priority.
As the current and unprecedented situation changes rapidly, we will continue to monitor and act on advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), Australian Department of Health and NSW Health to provide the appropriate response to the coronavirus (CO VID-19).
All of our locations are open, operating at full capacity and business as usual. In light of recent developments all of our employees continue conducting business whilst ensuring the welfare of all staff, customers, suppliers and the greater community. The following proactive procedures have been implemented across our business to mitigate potential risk and reassure confidence;
Should you wish to remain away from the dealership, we are more than happy to
communicate via phone or email regarding Service, Sales, Finance or any other
enquiries you may have
• ‘Non-contact policy’ which includes no handshakes or person to person contact • Social Distancing of 1.5m minimum for everyone including staff and customers
• Strict staff policies with current health notices in all communal staff areas
• All staff with any health concerns are instructed to stay home and take directive from health professionals
• All staff returning from sick and overseas leave must provide evidence of clearance prior to returning to work
• Alcohol based hand sanitiser has been provided to all departments including non-customer facing in addition to reinforcing a robust handwashing regime
• Our teams receive regular updates on hygiene and protocols as the reaction to COVID-19 develops
• Our teams are subject to prohibitions of both international and domestic flights for work purposes and we have restrictions on internal and external meeting numbers well beyond current Government recommendations.
Strict staff policies with current health notices in all communal staff areas
• All EFTPOS machines and touchscreen displays are sanitised before every use
• Complimentary hygiene products available including alcohol based hand sanitiser and tissues
• Prevalent informative signage with procedures and processes and best practices for hygiene
Service and Sales Vehicle Procedures;
We continue to accept online, in person and over the phone service bookings
• All service vehicles are protected with seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel covers and gear shift covers
• All test drive vehicles, loan vehicles, customer’s vehicles and customer delivery vehicles are wiped clean prior to handover to customers. This process involves sanitisation of commonly accessed exterior and interior hard surfaces including; door handles, steering wheels, start buttons, touchpads, radios, gear shifters/paddles, mirror, and keys
• Driveway pick up/drop off available for avoidance of contact if required
• Customers may opt for disposable gloves for test drives and as best as practicable our sales teams exercise social distancing during test drives
• All Technicians and Service Advisors wear disposable gloves at all times when in vehicles and replaced regularly
• Showroom display vehicles are sanitised at least daily
We understand that the current situation has presented everyone with similar challenges and we are focused on supporting all your requirements through this difficult period so we can continue to offer you options relating to you and your vehicle needs while ensuring everyone’s health and safety.
Thank you for your ongoing support and we kindly ask everyone in our community to stay calm and supportive of e ach other in this time.